CCD Cofounder & Chairman of the Board[email protected]
(See Curriculum Vitae for more details)
- University of Aberdeen (Scotland), LL.M. (European Law), degree with commendation, 2008
- Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University, Master of Law, degree with distinction, 2000
- International Science and Technology University (Kyiv), Bachelor of Law, degree with distinction, 1999
- School of Public Policy at Central European University (Hungary), participation in Policy Development and Confidence Building Workshop for Civil Society Leaders and Policy Makers from the Black Sea region, 2014
- European University Institute (Italy), participation in the Academy of European Law, 2011
- Institute for European Studies of the Vrije Universiteit in Brussels and Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, participation in the Inter-University Summer School on the European Decision-Making Process, 2008
- Ukrainian School for Political Studies, 2006
- Council of Europe, participation in the Summer University of Democracy of the Schools of Political Studies, 2006
- European Commission, participation in the European Union Visitors Program, 2004
- Ukrainian Legal Foundation and Ukrainian Center for Legal Studies, Summer School “European Studies 2000”
- Research fellow at the Center for Constitutional Democracy, Indiana University, IN, U.S., 2019-2020
- Co-founder and the Head of the Supervisory Board of the Pirogov First Volunteer Mobile Hospital (PFVMH), Kyiv, Ukraine, since 2015
- Government Commissioner for Ethno-National policy at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2014-2015
- Partner, Head of EU law practice at the law firm “Constructive Lawyers,” Kyiv, Ukraine, 2013-2014
- Director, Central and Eastern Europe Region, at the Williams Worldwide Group LLC, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2011-2013
- Regional Development Coordinator at the Chemonics International /USAID Project “Local Investments and National Competitiveness” (LINC), Kyiv, Ukraine,2011-2012
- Chief of staff of the Parliamentary Committee on European Integration at the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2010-2011
- Research Fellow at the Max Plank Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg, Germany, 2010
- Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington DC, U.S., 2009-2010
- Legal approximation expert at the European Profile / EU funded Project “Gap Analysis of Ukrainian Legislation Versus the EU Market in Financial Instruments Directive,” Kyiv, Ukraine, 2009
- Vice-president of the Institute for European Integration, Rzeszow, Poland 2004-2007 і 2008-2009
- Deputy Director of the European & Comparative Law Centre of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2001-2004
- Lecturer at the International Scientific and Technological University, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2000-2001
- Medal “For victory and commitment” (2020)
- Medal “Defender of Ukraine” (2018)
- Medal “For Merits to the Armed Forces of Ukraine” (2018)
- Badge of Honor (2017)
- Medal “For Humanitarian Participation in the Antiterrorist Operation” (2017)
- Medal “For Supporting the Armed Forces of Ukraine” (2016)
- “Ukraine” in: G Robbers and W C Durham (eds), Encyclopedia on Law and Religion, Brill – Nijhoff, 2016
- “Religion and the Secular State in Ukraine” in: J Martinez-Torron and W C Durham, Jr. (eds), Religion and the Secular State: National Reports, Madrid: Servicio publicaciones facultad derecho Universidad Complutense Madrid, 2015
- “National Reports on Surrogacy: Ukraine” in: K Trimmings and P Beaumont (eds), International Surrogacy Arrangements Legal Regulation at the International Level, Hart Publishing, 2013
- Redrafting of the Ukrainian Law on Religious Freedom: Ukrainian Churches vs. Ukraine’s obligation to the Council of Europe, (2012) BYU Law Review, 811
- “Religion and the Secular State in Ukraine” in J Martinez-Torron and W C Durham, Jr. (eds), Religion and the Secular State: National Reports (2010)
- Svato-Mykhaylivska Parafiya v. Ukraine: A Thing Done by Halves?, (2009) BYU Law Review, 555
- Nueva redacción de la Ley de Ucrania sobre la libertad religiosa: Las iglesias de Ucrania frente a las obligaciones de Ucrania ante el Consejo de Europa. – Revista General de Derecho Canonico y Derecho Eclesiastico del Estado, # 26, 2011.
Selected publications in Ukrainian (from over 100)
- Constitution which we did not draft. – LB.UA 18.11.2017
- Who demarcates jurisdictional borders in Europe? – Legal Journal, #6, 2011
- The Constitutional Court’s judgment on Constitutional Reform cancellation: judicial policymaking or institutional suicide? – Legal Journal, #11, 2010.
- The Constitutional Court of Ukraine: on the way toward institutional suicide – Dzerkalo Tyzhna (Mirror Weekly), #41 (821).
- Chance for the Constitutional Court or again on the judicial independence and solidarity. – Dzerkalo Tyzhna (Mirror Weekly), #32 (812).
- The hollow hope: afterword to the judgment on Svato-Mykhaylivska Parafiya v. Ukraine – Religious Freedom. Scientific yearbook #15 (2010); Legal Journal, #9, 2010.
- On Judicial reform and judicial solidarity. – Dzerkalo Tyzhna (Mirror Weekly), #25 (805).
- Unnoticed judgment: Svyato-Mykhaylivska Parafiya v. Ukraine – Legal Journal, #2, 2008.
- Approximation of the Ukrainian Legislation to That of the EU: Experience of Partial Adoption of acquis communautaire without Clear Perspective of the Membership in the Union – Legal Journal. #4 (34), 2005
- Religion and human rights – International magazine “Synopsis: theology, philosophy, culture” – #2-3, 2000
Find more publications by Gennadiy Druzenko here.